YOUR BEST YEAR OF TRAINING
See the article by Mario Fraioli for advice on how to make 2016 a great training year! This is a brief summary of his list of 8 ways to accomplish this; read the full piece to understand his reasoning. My take on how you can do this is in parentheses.
1. Start by debriefing the previous 12 months (keeping a training log allows this)
2. Find a coach or mentor (a tough task, may take a while but be on the alert to identify someone)
3. Set process goals (this is the BEST advice!)
4. Plan to rest (there are 5 days before the SAINTS DAYS training plan starts; perhaps start a week later if you have not rested sufficiently, and schedule your race a week later)
5. Work on your weaknesses (have you attempted a long distance race yet?)
6. Go in over your head at times (check the 2015 winner’s times of 2016 races you hope to run; this will tell you approximately where you might finish and you can aspire to beat the next best finisher )
7. Race more (EarnedRuns bibs are perfect for this)
8. Look into the future (keeping 3-5 year training log could help)
BRIDGE TO PHYSICAL SELF
Running, walking, and fitness activities enable us to experience our physical selves in a world mostly accessed through use of fingers on a mobile device.
EARNED RUNS is edited and authored by me, runner and founder. I began participating in road races before 5Ks were common. I've been a dietitian, practiced and taught clinical pathology, and been involved with research that utilized pathology. I am fascinated with understanding the origins of disease as well as health.
New! Search Box
Earned Runs is now searchable! Check it out...