JOB HUNTERS WILL FIND GOOD RUNNING An article in BusinessInsider.com “Top 5 Cities where Millennials Are Looking for Jobs According to LinkedIn” by Lori Janjigian is saying that younger adults are looking to experience work and life in an urban setting that is slightly smaller than the traditional big city; they are not drawn as much to the country's largest metropolitan areas. It discusses information gathered by a large business networking website, saying, “LinkedIn's Guy Berger has the answer. He started tracking the search behavior of millennials, which make up for 44% of all job searchers on the site. He discovered that millennials are looking to ditch big cities in favor of mid-sized cities.”
In the past year, interest has increased “25% faster” in these mid-sized cities. Five specific cites, to which searchers are looking to move, are listed below with information about the number and types of jobs that are available.
EarnedRuns added information about local/nearby half marathons, as this group has shown itself to be comprised of dedicated runners who favor this distance race. The race listing is a sampling and not meant to be exhaustive. In trying to identify races with greater rather than lesser participation, the search revealed many opportunities for the job hunters to enjoy their sport and likely join vibrant running communities.
5. Charlotte NC; 22k jobs
- Volition America Charlotte Half Marathon, October
- Charlotte RaceFest Half Marathon, April
- Novant Health Charlotte Marathon and Half Marathon, November
4. Cleveland Ohio/Akron; 31K jobs
- Cleveland Marathon and Half Marathon, May
- Rock Hall Half Marathon, August
3. Detroit MI; 40K jobs
- Detroit Free Press International* Marathon and Half Marathons, October
- Ann Arbor Half Marathon, April
- Bruckelaufe Half Marathon Bridge Race, October
2. Raleigh-Durham NC 21K
- Raleigh City of Oaks Half Marathon, November
- Rock n’ Roll Series Marathon and Half Marathon, April
1. Austin TX, 21K jobs
- Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon, October
- 3M Half Marathon, January
- Austin Marathon and Half Marathon, February
Whether your a Millennial or not, good hunting!
* Of interest, the 'International' designation in the name of the Detroit Free Press race means the course includes both US and Canada segments. There's a "US-only" half as well! I wonder if this has to do with passport/visa issues?
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
BRIDGE TO PHYSICAL SELF
Running, walking, and fitness activities enable us to experience our physical selves in a world mostly accessed through use of fingers on a mobile device.
EARNED RUNS is edited and authored by me, runner and founder. I began participating in road races before 5Ks were common. I've been a dietitian, practiced and taught clinical pathology, and been involved with research that utilized pathology. I am fascinated with understanding the origins of disease as well as health.
New! Search Box
Earned Runs is now searchable! Check it out...