WANT TO CLICK THROUGH 78 SLIDES OF SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES ON EARTH TO RUN? Runnersworld.com assembled images of running locations it has featured each month over the years in its magazine. Generally, if a place has beautiful scenery for a run, it can most certainly also be walked or hiked and maybe biked. Earned Runs has compiled a list, but the REAL VALUE in the article is in the gorgeous pictures and the descriptions of each place, plus links to the articles.
You might be surprised by the specific places captured in the images: remember these are places runners submitted to the magazine as their personal favorites.
1. Yosemite National Park CA 2. Cape Cove OR 3. Garibaldi Lake BC Canada
4. Big Sky MT* 5. Back Bay Boston MA 6. Luang Prabang, Laos
7. Moscow ID 8. Silverton CO 9. New York NY
10. Weston CT 11.Teton Village WY 12. Lake Tahoe, NV
13. Portland OR* 14. Swabian Alps, Germany 15. North Conway NH*
16. Sundance UT 17. Butte County CA 18. Keystone CO
19. Winthrop WA 20. Wilmington NY 21. Empire MI
22. Anchorage AK 23. Lisbon, Portugal 24.Philadelphia PA
25. Chattanooga TN 26. The Palous ID* 27. Weedon Island FL
28. Momi, Fijii 29. Middlebury VT 30. Albuquerque NM
31. Roxborough CO 32. Glacier National Park MT 33. Cape Spear Newfoundland, Canada
34. Marin Headlands, CA 35. Jackson Hole WY 36. Maui HI
37. Ketchum ID 38. Chamonix, France 39. Arrow Canyon NV
40. Badlands National Park SD 41. Cape Elizabeth ME 42. New Orleans LA
43. Berkely Street Boston MA 44. Portland OR 45. Pacifica CA
46. Florida Keys FL 47. Charleston SC 48. Whitefish MT
49. Sedona AZ 50. Boardman OR 51. Pelham AL
52. Boulder CO 53. Brenta Dolomites, Italy 54. Newport RI
55. Big Sur CA 56. Valley of the Gods, UT 57.Glacier National Park MT
58. Washington DC 59. Port Orford OR 60. Copper Mountain CO
61. Spakanes, Norway 62. Capital Reef Natl Park UT 63. Baja California Sur, Mexico
64. Vancouver BC, Canada 65. Grand Canyon AZ 66. Griswold CT
67. Grand Canaria Island, Spain 68. Roseberry ID 69. Telluride CO
70. Harold Parker St Forest MA 71. Rocky Mt Natl Park CO 72. Big Cottonwood Canyon UT
73. Santa Barbara CA 74. Patagonia Region Chile 75. Livingston MT
76. Lake Tahoe NV 77. Tate’s Hell State Park FL 78. Torrey Pines State Natl Reserve CA
Mountainous and coastal areas of the United States dominate this list. Surely you have your own favorites that did not at some time appear in RW magazine. Consider them your special treasure that won’t be spoiled by too many sightseeing running visitors.
Enjoy the slideshow.
[Some may want to use the list as a check off sheet, if intending to run or walk them all.]
RUN & MOVE HAPPY!
*Places that are on or near the RUN-WALK-BIKE ACROSS AMERICA route.
BRIDGE TO PHYSICAL SELF
Running, walking, and fitness activities enable us to experience our physical selves in a world mostly accessed through use of fingers on a mobile device.
EARNED RUNS is edited and authored by me, runner and founder. I began participating in road races before 5Ks were common. I've been a dietitian, practiced and taught clinical pathology, and been involved with research that utilized pathology. I am fascinated with understanding the origins of disease as well as health.
New! Search Box
Earned Runs is now searchable! Check it out...