BELOW IS THE INFORMATION provided at the very bottom of the HOME page on how EARNED RUNS bibs might be used by an individual or more than one person. It’s SUMMER and EarnedRuns is encouraging runners to develop a SPECIFIC plan to stay active and enjoy these months in a special way that is different from the routine of other months (See May 21 BLOG post: SUMMER CHALLENGES). This means there are 3 NEW ways to use the bibs:
1) STREAK RUNNING: mark each consecutive day you/others run; the bib is small and sturdy so it can be taken on travels, kept in a gym bag, or posted on the refrigerator. It will be tangible evidence of your commitment to this effort.
2) RUN-WALK ACROSS AMERICA: mark the bib as each of the 39 segments on the route is completed, or write the name of each state as it is entered. As with the streak, it’s way to chart progress for each participant.
3) 5K RACE or RACE SERIES: 5K races are relatively easy to remain in training to run frequently for runners who have completed one or more of these distance competitions previously. This is especially true when fun is the main purpose, and achieving a personal record is secondary. If organized races are out of reach due to schedule, cost, location, etc, custom designed races using EarnedRuns bibs are ideal!
From HOME page:
"SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO USE BIBS"
· Newbie: find a training plan and commit to finishing a distance, as short as 1 mile, to many miles
· Training: prepare for upcoming certified events by running a shorter distance race
· Return-to-competition: come back after an injury by first racing in conditions determined by you
· Treadmill: run your race in earnest, but in a controlled environment
· Show-of-Force: mirror all the details of any organized race, held in a far way location, that you can't attend
· Reunion: invite runners and walkers alike, gathered together or home for the holidays, to race
· Celebration: increase the fun of any special date or event
· Mash-up: have each runner or walker race their own distance simultaneously
· Memorial: remember someone or something dear to you
· For a Cause: special circumstances may lead you to run with others in support of a particular charity
· Beautification: race along a favorite path and celebrate/recover afterward by picking up trash along this same route
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
BRIDGE TO PHYSICAL SELF
Running, walking, and fitness activities enable us to experience our physical selves in a world mostly accessed through use of fingers on a mobile device.
EARNED RUNS is edited and authored by me, runner and founder. I began participating in road races before 5Ks were common. I've been a dietitian, practiced and taught clinical pathology, and been involved with research that utilized pathology. I am fascinated with understanding the origins of disease as well as health.
New! Search Box
Earned Runs is now searchable! Check it out...